Here is a card that I adore. A different style for me – but that is what I like about magazine calls — they are my version of a 'challenge blog'. LOL! So I jumped into the Spring theme and the technique of stitching. And here is what I made.
Finished Size: 5” x 7”
Whimsical ‘chicken wire’ design is hand-drawn, and machine-stitched, and then looped ‘wire’ added with Copic Spica Glitter Marker in black.
- Waxed linen thread is put through buttons and strands are pulled apart to resemble nesting material.
Stamps: Spring Fling by Pink Paislee
- Sketch Markers in Barium Yellow, Cashmere, Napoli Yellow, Frost Blue, Rose Pink, Begonia Pink, Chartreuse, Willow, Grayish Olive and Grayish Violet by Copic Marker
- Atyou Spica Glitter Markers in Black, Lemon and Clear by Copic Marker
- Nestabilities Scalloped Circle and Scalloped Rectangle Dies by Spellbinders
- Enchanted Alphabet Dies by Spellbinders
- Cardstock from Worldwin
- Wizard Die Cutting and Embossing System by Spellbinders
- Ribbon by Fancy Pants Designs
- Misc. buttons and waxed linen thread
I bought these stamps because my daughters have dreamt up their restaurant which they wanted to call the Three Chicks Cafe (modeled after Five Guys Burgers and Fries, which they love). I saw the trio of chicks, and had to have the set (for them! yeah right). And I told them they might want an upscale version, as compared to Five Guys — so Tres Chic was born. Well, on playdates it exists. 🙂
Leave a Reply