Please read this entire e-mail carefully since we will NOT accept applications that are submitted incorrectly!
There are several sessions currently open during the April / May, 2009:
The Queen's Ink
8600 Foundry Street
Savage, Maryland 20763
*MeadowView Conference Resort & Convention Center
1901 Meadowview Parkway
*there is a Scrapper’s Dream Vacation (SDV) being held during the weekend. Optionally, if you wish to attend this event as well, you may inquire at www.dreameventsinc.com/sdv.cfm
To download the application for the Maryland and Tennesee events, select: Download Copic Cert MD, TN_pub_0001 .
Embassy Suites, San Francisco Airport
150 Anza Boulevard
Burlingame, CA 94010
(this is in conjunction with a MillsRep Co. event)
Prima Marketing, Inc.
5564 Edison Avenue
Chino, CA 91710
To download the application for the California events, select: Download Copic Cert CA_pub_0001
2088 Curry Road
The Crop Shop
333 Weymouth Street
Rockland, MA 02370
4642 Akron Road, P.O. Box 610
Smithville, OH 44677
To download the application for the NY / MA or OH events, select: Download Copic Cert NY, MA, OH_pub_0001
Cost is $120 per attendee
These classes fill up quickly so please read the following directions to make sure your application is accepted.
Classes are OPEN first to:
• Store Owners/Employees in the Papercrafting or Fine Art Industry
• Teachers who are affiliated with a store
• Designers registered with CHA or members of Design Team(s)
• Sales Reps for Copic or associated Distributors
• Media, Press
(limited seats available for people who have already been certified or attending half-day, see below)
Three weeks before the event, REMAINING SEATS will be opened to:
• Home Party Representatives (such as Stampin’ Up! or CTMH)
• Craft enthusiasts
If you do not fall into one of these categories we will put you on a different mailing list for future Certification sessions.
Applications will be accepted starting 12am Eastern Time, Friday, February 27th. We will not accept early applications!
Every Attendee must fill out an Application and contact Kris
Just because you have e-mailed me does NOT mean you are in the class. If you are not on Kris’s list you are not attending. Sales Reps and Media people also need to contact us so we have an accurate head-count. If you are from outside the US please let us know right away.
E-mail or fax your applications please.
E-mail- firstname.lastname@example.org fax- 541-684-0140
Applications are used for adding correct information to the website instructor list. We ask for samples of your work just to get a feel for the type of things you create, be it scrapbook, stamping, altered arts, or fine art. Your application will not be denied if you don’t submit examples.
If you will be late or are leaving early I cannot make special accommodations. If you would miss more than 1 hr. of the class please do not apply for the full class, since space is limited. We do have some half-day spots for a different fee on a case-by-case basis. Stores who cannot make the whole event need to let me know if they are attending morning only or afternoon only, though you will not get the full packet unless you pay. You will not get a certificate unless you attend the whole day. Please come and go during breaks only.
Class Goals and Outline
People who take this class will be listed on our website as instructors who have completed training. It is still up to you to practice on your own and take the skills you learn and apply them to your own work.
This is a technique-based class. We will NOT make finished samples. Rather, I suggest that you make a Sample Book with techniques and color combos that you like during the class, or take the small images you work on and turn them into projects later.
A typical class runs:
9 am to 10:30 Papers, inks, and product overview (Basic Overview)
10 min break
10:40 to 12:30 pm Coloring, 4 blending methods, and the colorless blender
1 hr lunch break – Lunch is NOT provided
1:30 to 2:45 Blender effects, altered media, ink effects,
3pm to 4 Airbrushing, Q & A, signing of certificates
You class fee includes an information packet with lots of useful literature and guides. There will also be a paper sampler in your packet. Most of the flyers and information sheets are downloadable off our website, and you can request copies of specific flyers for your future events by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Also included is a product packet. This is a sampler for you to use for teaching or demo purposes. Each packet includes:
- 2 Copic Markers
- 2 Sketch Markers
- 1 Wide Marker
- 1 Various ink
- 1 Spica Glitter Pen
- 2 Multiliner SP pens
- 1 Sketch Blender Pen
- 1 Big bottle of blender solution (this will have to go in checked luggage for those flying)
All other supplies are provided, however you may wish to bring the following:
• Your own stamps or stamped-off images
• Your own papers or inks to try (I bring plenty of my favorite, please test your own)
• Embellishments to alter or Airbrush (die-cuts, metal, silk flowers, etc)
We will be using Sketch Markers. If you choose to bring your own markers make sure they are marked so they do not get mixed in with my classroom sets.
What if I have already taken a Certification Class and I want to take it again?
I usually have a few spaces for people like you in each class. If you haven't already contacted me about this, then here's the scoop:
1. There will be a small fee. This helps us cover catering and room rental, etc.
2. You don't get a new packet unless you want to pay full price. Likewise, no new certificate, sorry.
3. Please let me know at the same time I open registration to everyone that you are a REPEAT. That way I don't figure you into my class size limit the same.
4. When you come, please help the people around you. Especially with those 4 pesky blending techniques. Those slow down the class the most and having someone else at the table who can help is greatly appreciated.
5. Please bring your own markers and have them labeled. It takes me a while to check my classroom marker sets after each class and refill them, which I factor into the class cost.
6. If you can't make it to the whole class, then please enter/exit at the breaks so you're not disrupting me (it's too easy to sidetrack me as you know!)
Please contact Kris about applications and payment
in the US toll free: 866-662-6742, outside the US, 541-684-0013
Product questions, contact Marianne
Have a colorful day – and we'll see you on the road!