Every year a stamping group that I participate in hosts an alphabet tag swap. This year, I chose the letter P. I had these lovely poinsettia flowers from Prima to use as an embellishment – and so it was just a matter of figuring out how best to frame it. (that, and the time to make them…)
By lucky circumstance I went to a scrapbook store that had an 'embellishment bar'. I found a LOT of film letters. p, d, b, q – doesn't matter – they can all look like a p! Now I was ready to get the party started.
So I started by laying down a bunch of blender with Copic Various Ink to make an alcohol inked background on the tag. Take R59, G28 and some YG03 and lliterally drip it on, drizzle it with blender and let it run amok. You can do several tags at once. Smoosh the ink around with an ink applicator tool, or even a cosmetic wedge held in a binder clip. Whatever you've got on hand.
I let it air dry and then I sprayed a liberal amount of Peppermint Stick Glimmer Mist over the top.
I stamped the Outline's poinsettias onto the background with red Momento ink and filled the stamen centers with Scattered Straw Distress Stickles, to match the centers of the Prima poinsettia flower.
The film letters were brushed with R59 and G28, and then edged with a gold acrylic paint dabber. I placed this on top of some vintage music sheet paper and stamped the remainder of the word '(p)oinsettia' in black ink.
The Prima poinsettia flower was airbrushed with E55 to vintage it up a bit and then a tiny bit of Old Lace Glimmer Mist applied over the top to get the fabric portions glimmering too. I attached its base to the tag with Fabritac, but then used the ''Tiny Attacher' mini stapler tool to make certain it wasn't going anywhere. Two leaves got stapled underneath the flower to the tag.
I adhered two photo corners from some 'vintage' Rebecca Sower embellishments I had on hand and finished the tag off with some gingham ribbon.
Ok, back to some holiday reality. 6-10 inches of snow are currently predicted for tonight, and we definitely have a healthy 6" so far. This time the forecaster may be correct. So tomorrow we'll be snowed in. I've just finished up two batches of sugar cookie dough and set it to chill. This and some frosting and decorations should keep the short people occupied tomorrow.
Perhaps I'll be able to finish up the last of the 28 and send them to the participants on Monday as is my goal. I've got a good start…
Leave a Reply