My dear friend, Laura celebrates her birthday today. I was lucky that she accepted my invitation to watch the concluding episodes of John Adams on HBO. Very compelling and intriguing, btw! Upon her arrival, all three children lined up and sang her ‘Happy Birthday’ before brushing teeth and reading books with Daddy upstairs.
I made a cake. And a card, of course. With the renovations in full swing, I actually drew from some supplies from the Albany Split Coast Stampers retreat just a short while back. I took the supplies from our shoebox swap (and I apologize, for there are no markings on the items to tell me who stamped this lovely lady). I assembled the pieces and added my own touches:
- I put Prima ‘Say it in Crystals’ pieces in all the punched corners.
- Sprayed the interior with Antique Gold Glimmer Mist
- Highlighted her hair, shoes, necklace and dress with a Lemon Spica glitter/gel marker from Copic
- Shaded her dress with a Copic Sketch marker.
- Changed out the gold ribbon for a purple, dotted organdy ribbon from Creative Impressions
- And filled her wine goblets and bottle with a coating of Ranger’s Glossy Accents.
And so we had our modest celebration. Good company. Thoughtful dialog. And a puppy constantly inserting himself onto the couch. Perfect night with my friend.
Happy Birthday, Laura!