I have participated in a Christmas Tag swap on and off for the last several years. I always enjoy the small size of the project (approx. 2 1/2" x 4 3/4") when it comes to making MULTIPLEs of anything.
And this swap is fun, because each participant has a letter of the alphabet as their jumping off point. My letter this year is X. And no, I didn't do Xmas – too predictable!
I used my 'X' in two ways, as in "don't", for the sentiment, "Do Not Open Until Christmas" and for the little x's that I stamped to mark off the days on the calendar leading up to Christmas.
- Manila shipping tag with reinforced hole (Staples)
- Vintage Christmas red / gold screen printed paper from Hambly Studios
- Circle coaster board
- Gold ornate paper ribbon from Renaissance Art Stamps
- Calendar element is a hybrid, using calendar brush from Digital Scrapbook Place
- No Peeking stamp set #D1177 from Close To My Heart
- Solo X alphabet stamp from Close To My Heart
- Queen's Gold embossing Powder from Ranger
- Distress Ink in Vintage Photo and Antique Linen from Ranger
- Holiday Red and Clover Meadow ink from Close To My Heart
- Red/Green ribbon is from May Arts
- Foam tape from Scotch
I can't wait to get my full set back from the swap hostess. They are always such a treat to look at, and make a nice decoration on a garland I drape on my banister, to remind me of my creative stamping friends.