Oh my goodness. If there was ever a stamp in my collection that embodies so many fun textural challenges… this is it!
Being Together by Gillian Roberts for Stampavie is such a fun stamp to color.
I made her top a fuzzy sweater. I made her pants jean-like. I made that teddy bear fuzzy. I worked on the wood fence for fun (even added some flicked in grass and a little penwork). And need I mention how fun the hair was to color? Pigtails!!
Gasp. I want to play with it again and again. And back in the day – this is exactly the kind of stamp I would have avoided like the plague.
Oh, I also threw some R89 on top of the felt heart, which was too bright.
Did I mention how much I love my Copic Markers??
- Sweater: G21/G24/G82 with blender added with (you guessed it, my sweater!)
- Jeans: B12/B14/B16/B93. I wanted to match the brighter colors in the papers, so I took creative license with brighter than usual colors. Blender added with (certainly you've figured this out by now, my jean jacket!)
- Wood / Hair / Teddy Bear: E53/E35/E55/E57/E59. Lots of flicking, dotting, dabbing.
- Grass: flicked in with YG03, G24, YG17
- Shoes, Bow, Hair elastics: R32/R35/R39
- Background: Flicked in Y000 from the upper right and then filled in all around with BG000.
- Paper: Vintage CTMH
- Sentiment Stamp: Stampendous
That was tons of fun. And a great stress reliever while the plumber was here, fixin' the pipe by the guest bath/laundry room. Happy to report the drywall damage was very minimal and I'm lucky I caught it when I did. Not something I would have wanted to wake up to!