Tonight I wanted to play with a new stamp set, as well as make a scrapbook page for my little guy. He doesn't get enough pages just about him. It's my fault. I'm so drawn to the girly-girly embellishments, and with double the girls in this household he seems to be getting the short end of the pages completed.
So here's one for Cameron.
- Shorts/Shoes: B12/B14/B16
- Shirt: YR24/YR65
- Skin: E00/E01/E21/E13. Mouth: R20/R83/R85
- Hair: Y23/YR24/E55
- Elephant: W3, W5, W7, R81
- ABS: Y23, E09, BG72
I airbrushed the images after cutting them with the Spellbinders' Nestabilities scalloped rectangle.
On this page, I was having a hard time finding solid colored cardstock for my stamped images that coordinated well with the patterned paper. So I cheated. I cut out the pieces and then airbrushed over the edges with a better coordinating color. I used E09 & W3 over the terracotta piece. And BG72 over the teal piece. You can click on either picture for a closer look. I placed an original scrap of paper next to the finished pieces for comparison.
Which brings me to 'the prize box'.
Can you believe we're only 3 prizes in so far? And yet – it's already a pretty great prize!
Ok, back to the layout. Tools used in today's project:
- Patterned cardstock by October Afternoon (I think!)
- Black letter stickers 'Thickers' by American Crafts
- Times Alphabet cream chipboard letters and numbers by Prima
- Printed twill ribbon by Prima
- Digital printed journaling embellishment from Corina Neilson, Illusive collection
- Copic Markers and ABS-1
- Glimmer Mist in Old Lace by Tattered Angels over a swirl screen (it's subtle, but you can see it best on the lower right of the overall picture).
- Elephant stamp K842 by DRS Designs
- Playday stamps D1360 by CTMH Co.
Thanks for reading. I'm planning on an entire day of laundry tomorrow – so I hope to come up for Facebook between loads. :) Oh and pardon any typos. My keyboard is sticking every now and then. I believe an errant splash of Diet Coke is the culprit. Oops!
Type to you soon.