And what better way to celebrate with the renewal of a friendship? I made this card tonight – planning to send it to someone. I don’t know who yet. LOL! I’ve been so busy of late, that I felt like I hadn’t enough time for my friends. And then I spent the last weekend with my dearest friend – so now the choice isn’t as easy.
But after working with these pretty colors, I feel renewed as an artist.
To start, I stamped the Tree Branches stamp in Tsukineko's London Fog (gray) on the card base. I stamped my images in the same color and then the stamped images were colored with Copic Markers – selecting pretty Spring colors. Then I shaded them and added a little warmth in the form of a peach color around the edges to unify them further and edged each piece with the London Fog ink.
I did a lot of marker on marker blending – and then shaded the butterfly wings with flick feathering to make it stand out more from the background.
I pushed out color from the center of each image's background with the colorless blender to give the images a bit of a halo effect.
The butterfly's antennae sparkle with the colorless Spica Glitter pen applied to them.
I took the outer Butterfly frame and applied a honey colored ink to the embossed surface. I then sprayed it with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist.
I took the monogram frame for ‘S’ and applied Honeydew Melon and the London Fog ink to the embossed areas.
Once the card was assembled, I sprayed the entire project with a light dusting of Dew Drop. I love how the more ‘colorless’ mists have such a beautiful shimmer to them. And Dew Drop has that silvery gray which was perfect for my project.
Now who to give it to?
- Cardstock : Sweet Leaf by CTMH Co., White by The Paper Cut*
- Patterned paper: CTMH Co. (punched border), Prima
- Ink: London Fog Memento by Tsukineko
- Glimmer Mist: Honey Dew Melon, Vintage Pink, Dew Drop all by Tattered Angels
- Chipboard: Butterfly framed fonts by Tattered Angels
- Markers: Copic Sketch Markers
- Stamps: Butterfly Frames by Magenta, Words by Autumn Leaves by Sandy Krieger, Tree Branches by Tattered Angels
- Crystal embellishments: Prima