Marianne, just made the announcement on her blog today about the Copic Design Team! So I thought I would show you how much I love Copic Markers for scrapbooking.
I just finished this layout of my oldest, Brianna. I love the photos. It reminds me of how quickly she is growing up – and how I need to make sure to notice and treasure the little girl moments while they last. We are definitely moving into new territory this year. And I haven't seen her playing with the Littlest Pet Shoppe characters lately!
So first, the color choices were pretty easy. Sand, tan, ocean, pink swimsuit – check.
I started with a blue glitter paper as my base. But not one to waste anything, I cut out a large square out of the back of it, so that I could use it for other parts of my layout. Why just cover it up, right? This I layered with a pink die cut cardstock.
I didn't want much white showing, so my E50 went to work on the 'doodle' paper elements that I had cut out – to make them 'cream' rather than white. I blended this a lot with the RV02 along the lines of the images. I did leave the title element background white – so that it would stand out more among the other elements. I also cut out the bottom portion of a Hambly frame to give the title/journaling block a base before mounting it on the layout with foam squares.
After cutting and coloring these pieces, I used Glimmer Mist to liberally coat them. Once that was dry, I traced over some of the details with my black Spica Glitter Marker.
I also sprayed the Hambly overlays and overall layout with the Glimmer Mist for lots of sparkling sand.
I cut the two toy pictures using a Spellbinders scalloped Nestabilities die, to tie it in with the playful scallops that are in the 'doodles' paper, and the die-cut cardstock.
See how everything gleams? The Spica marker was also used on the solid black elements, such as the heart and the large circles in the scalloped 'doodled' paper border.
Papers / Etc. :
- DCWV Solid Glitter Light Blue cardstock
- Hambly Urban Chic Windows transparency, cut apart
- Creative Imaginations Narratives Pink Floral die-cut cardstock
- Rusty Pickle Pop Star, Miley patterned paper, cut apart
- Pink dotted ribbon from Creative Impressions
- Glimmer Mist, in Sugar Cookie
- Copic Sketch Markers, colors shown above (p.s. I prefer Sketch, the smaller Ciaos are only because that was all I could find at an Expo, and I wanted those lighter colors).
- Copic Spica Glitter Marker, in black
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Long Scalloped Rectangle die
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Scalloped Rectangle die set
Thanks for looking! Have a creative day. Hmmm, it's time for me to go get creative with some laundry…