Ok, Monday was a holiday and the muse was keeping ELEVEN children busy for a sleepover and playdate. That is all the energy that I had. LOL! So how about a technique for Tuesday?
The title makes it all sound so PEACEful. But when I attacked this project, it was with a creative fervor. LOL! It started with wishing that I had stamps to match this awesome die set from Spellbinders called S4 085 Snowflake Wonder.
Here is my 'technique'.
Stencil through die with Versamarker or Embossing Pen
- Heat emboss with Detail White Embossing Powder
- Ink it up. I used Distress Inks to make a background
- Heat set THOROUGHLY. No wet spots remaining.
- Ink cutting edges of the Snowflake Wonder die with Embossing Ink
- Run it through Wizard with following sandwich:
- White Mat.
- Inked Art, ink side up.
- Die with inked side / cutting blades down.
- White Mat
- Remove die carefully.
- Heat emboss with Glitter Embossing Powder (I used Midnight Madness from Sparkle n Sprinkle)
- Stencil through die with clear drying, tacky adhesive (such as Duo by USArtQuest)
- Once adhesive is tacky, sprinkle with GLITTER (I used Meteor Blue, also from Sparkle n Sprinkle)
- Wait a couple of minutes
- Tap off excess glitter and work other glitter into tacky areas with the tip of your finger. Be brutal.
I love making backgrounds. You can just keep goin' til it's done.
All of this frames the beautiful Amaco Foil cut pieces, again with Snowflake Wonder.
I ran a piece of Core'dinations Cardstock Black Magic (with that lovely teal) through with the Nestabilities Long Rectangle Scallop die and sanded the edges for contrast.
Mounted the whole thing on a nice plum cardstock.
Placed it on a pearlescent light blue card base. This is the same paper that I used for the letters, cut with the Enchanted font die set.
Thanks for looking. I hope you have time for some 'play time' today.